short and sweet

 I finished the sloths!

They could seriously not be cuter.

Do you like the one slipper look? I lost the other one lol

I also finished this. 

We got a new couch and we have boys lol. 
So I raided my 2.5inch squares and just started sewing.

It turned out pretty perfectly.
 I even used up a bunch of random leftover bindings for the binding, win!

I had a friend tell me that this is her favourite of all the quilts I have ever made. 
I was a little surprised. 
And I may have found my next secret project ;)

quilt monday

 It's finished!

This turned out so much better than I expected!!

quilted with StarDance

I'm not 100% on the panto I chose but too late now.

I don't have the greatest picture of the backing, but I was able to piece together strips of black, grey and red. It worked out perfectly.

The quilt was received with shocked tears; the best kind of reaction.

Onto the next surprise! 
Happy Monday :)

covid quilting

 My longarm clients have kept me busy the past few months. This has been one of my busiest summers probably since I started quilting 14years ago. 

Here's a few finishes.

By Mary,

quilted with a meander

By Shirley,

quilted with WinterWhite

By Valerie

quilted with SpiralRings

This great hockey quilt by Trish

quilted with a meander

So fun!

Pieced by Barb

quilted with Bright n Breezy

This turned out so good!

Pieced by Faye, my first labyrinth quilt!

quilted with Dazzle

Adiena makes the best quilts.

quilted with LotusBlossom

Love it.

Also by Adiena,

quilted with Dragon'sBreath

Time to take a few days off, back at it next week!

quilt monday

 Another quilt I don't think I even showed before it was quilted.

And another chevron quilt; they seem to be my thing lately :)

I made this for our youth pastor and his wife. They knew they were having a girl and they were doing the nursery in neutrals and rose gold.

I like a challenge :)

I think I knocked it out of the park on this one.

Quilted with the perfect little girl panto, Lovely.

The fabrics are so soft and delicate; I adore how this turned out.

I used up the last bit of my favourite baby quilt backing. Sadly, I have no idea when I'll get to head south to get more #covid :(

I kept it simple and used the neutral as binding.
 It just keep the quilt soft.

Happy Monday!


I could not be more excited

 about this quilt. 

I posted a week or so ago(you can see the post here).  

The panel had to be made bigger but I had no idea how to go about it. 

One evening I was browsing Pinterest and I found this

and a plan was formed.

The first step was to raid my stash for some fabrics to match the panel.

I decided to make stars and I raided my Grunge stash hoping I would have enough yardage.

The next morning I realized I made the wrong sized stars. Math is hard lol. 

Thankfully I had enough yardage to make a few bigger ones.

I started assembly with the large stars and quickly had an idea for the smaller ones.

And here it is.

It's hard to see in the picture but there is one more border top and bottom on the quilt, it just blends with my flooring.

I can not get over how fantastic this turned out! 
And it is rather large coming in at 72x85.

Next challenge.
So far I had only purchased the panel, everything else was stash.
 Could I make a backing as well?

Stay tuned.

quilt monday

It seems like every quilt I have made this year has gone to a recipient. Most were planned, some like this one were not. 
Those are usually my favourite.

Someone very special to me has had a pretty rough year healthwise. Her birthday was a few days away, the night before we were leaving on a 2 week holiday, and I decided I would make her a quilt.
A few texts with her husband and I had some colour suggestions and away I went.

As pretty as this is, my favourite part is the black binding. I love how it pops.

And that bright pinking backing? 

quilted with Contempo

I've made so many of these scrappy chevrons lately and
 each one quickly becomes my new favourite.

I can't wait to make another. 

Happy Monday!

here's a crazy story

I was finishing up a quilt for my client Adriana. When I was taking the quilt off my machine, I saw a pin in the backing. So I went to pull it out. And quickly realized that I had quilted the pin into the quilt!

I came up with a plan. 
To unpick just the quilting around the pin and using a magnetic, maneuver it out to the quilt edge.

And it worked!
There are not small pins lol.

Here is the finished quilt. 

quilted with Lotus Blossom

Another stunning quilt Adrianna!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...